November 22,2017-12:31 AM
Hisilicon Hi3516A and Hi3516D are professional IP camera dedicated processors can support H.265/HEVC encoding. Hi3516D is commonly called the Lite version of Hi3516A. Because both of them use the exact same core processor, which is A7@600MHz, 32kb I-cache, 32 KB D-cache/128 KB L2 cache.
The main differences including:
1. Encoding capability
- Hi3516D supports maximum 5-megapixel CMOS sensor, the maximum frame rate is 15fps, 3MP and below resolution is 30fps.
- Hi3516A can supports max. 5-megapixel CMOS sensor, the maximum frame rate is 30fps, using 1080p sensor, the max. frame rate is 60fps.
2. External DDR RAM interface
- Hi3516D supports 16-bit DDR3/3L, support single 16-bit 4G cache
- Hi3516A supports 32-bit DDR3/3L, support dual 16-bit 8G cache
3. Power consumption
- Hi3516D power consumption is 900mW
- Hi3516A power consumption is 1100mW