CMS stands for central monitoring station is the place where security guard or operators watch the security video and monitor the alarm. HD network video recorders come with free CMS 2.0 software, which can be installed in Windows OS computer to achieve centralized video management up to 64 channels. In this article, we offer you a simple tutorial on how to use the CMS 2.0 software.
1. Install the CMS 2.0 software in your computer, then run the “Video Monitoring Client” software.
2. Login the software with default account (admin / empty password).
3. The next step is adding the device (NVRs) to the software, go to [Config] tab, using the mouse to select the group (e.g. VMS) you need to add the device, then right click mouse and select “Add Device”, then an Add device window will pop-up, choose the default Device protocol – [I8 Protocol], then click “Search” to continue. The software will discover the NVR in the local network.
4. Double click the found device to add it.
5. After click “OK”, you will complete the device adding operation.
6. Additionally, users can remotely config the NVR by clicking “Remote Config” menu. Basically, this feature allows you to change all major settings of the NVR, including “Device parameter”, “Net parameter”, “Channel parameter”, “Serial parameter”, “User management”, “Exception Alarm”, “Disk management” these primary categories.
HD network video recorder offers several different protocols to communicate, i8 is one of the private protocol among them, all supported protocols including:
Get My Latest Posts
Subscribe to get the latest updates.
Your email address will never be shared with any 3rd parties.